WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe in the Trinity.
There is but one living and true God, everlasting, without body or parts, of infinite power, wisdom, and goodness; the maker and preserver of all things, both visible and invisible. And in the united of this Godhead there are three persons, of one substance, power, and eternity—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. (Book of Discipline 2004, p.59)
We believe the Bible is the perfect Word of God and recognize the authority of scriptures in matters of faith.
We believe in being saved by faith through grace. Salvation is a gift from God and earned through no action of our own.
The history of the present church dates back to 1854 when the official minutes of the Cincinnati Conference lists Ward Chapel as part of the New Carlisle Circuit of the Methodist church. It has been concluded that the congregation at Ward Chapel was discontinued when the building at 122 Middle Street, Medway, was built in 1859, and the congregation then become known as Medway Church. In the 1950’s, the church was at a peak attendance and membership of about 240. At that time a Christian education wing was added and the sanctuary completely remodeled.
Along with other mainline denominations, attendance slowly dwindled to approximately 70 persons in 2003. At that time Medway stepped out in faith to reach the community with new and exciting ministries such as the food pantry, Breakfast with Santa, Community Easter Egg Hunt, Vacation Bible School, and other outreach events. God has blessed this new revival. The number of lives touched by the people of Medway Church is staggering. The congregation is full of people who have experienced love poured out in the name of Jesus Christ.
As we reflect on our journey, it is easy to see where God has been faithful. In 2006, we knew we had outgrown the facility at 122 Middle Street, and we began to pray for a new place to grow. In February 2008, God delivered us 17 acres of “promised land”: the Park Layne Drive In Theater. Part of the blessing was being able to show free movies to the community during the summers of 2008-2010. We broke ground in late summer of 2010 and opened the doors to our current facility on Easter Sunday 2011. We soon were bursting at the seams again and in the summer of 2014, completed a building addition to our facility that included additional worship space, space for our youth ministries and additional childrens's classrooms. The addition also allowed us to move our food pantry and clothing closet to our main campus.
The good news is God is not through with us yet as we continue to search for innovative ways to reach the community and share the good news of Jesus Christ with all those who do not know Him. We praise God for the blessings that have occurred here at this church. Medway Church’s growth has been nothing short of a miracle, and we are excited to see where God will lead us as we seek to reach lost, hurting people.